Would you like to present a lasting gift to God that will endure for future generations of Grace United Methodist Church? You are invited to participate in an exciting opportunity to assure the future of Grace United Methodist Church for many years to come.
The Enduring Grace Fund, an endowment fund of Grace United Methodist Church, was established to provide members and friends the opportunity to make gifts to Grace United Methodist Church that become permanent endowments providing financial support for the mission and ministries of the church for generations and generations to come.
You may make gifts to the Enduring Grace Fund through:
- A gift of money. You can make your check payable to “Grace UMC” and in your accompanying letter or note be sure to designate your gift for “the Enduring Grace Fund”.
- Your will. In your will, you can name “Grace United Methodist Church Enduring Grace Fund” as a recipient of a portion of your estate. In your will, you can bequeath:
- A specific dollar amount or designated assets
- A percentage of the total estate
- The Residue of estate or a percentage of the residue of the estate after specific bequests
- A life insurance policy. In the policy you can name Grace United Methodist Church as your beneficiary or contingent beneficiary.
- A charitable gift annuity. A charitable gift annuity is an agreement between you, Grace United Methodist Church and The United Methodist Stewardship Foundation of Central Pennsylvania in which you transfer cash or securities and in return you receive guaranteed payments for life. These payments may be made to you or any other one or two designated beneficiaries.
- A gift of real estate.
- A transfer of stocks, bonds or other appreciated securities.
You may designate your gift:
- For special use
- For an established Enduring Grace Fund Project
- For an already established fund within the Enduring Grace Fund (see below)
You may offer your endowment without restriction. Undesignated gifts will be assigned to one of the following Enduring Grace Projects:
- General Ministry Projects
- Building Projects
- Mission Projects
Grace United Methodist Church promises you that:
- Your gift will be used as designated by you at the time of your gift or as directed in your will or other gift document if such direction is in conformity with the Administrative Council’s Policy on Gifts.
- The Enduring Grace Fund will not be used to meet the church’s routine operational expenses.
- The principal of the Enduring Grace Fund will not be used except in extraordinary circumstances and then only with a pay back plan.
- Investment will be in accordance with United Methodist Social Principles.
A member of the Enduring Grace Committee or the senior pastor will welcome the opportunity to meet with you on a confidential basis to explain the Enduring Grace Fund in more detail and to answer any questions you may have. Committee members include Rev. Bruce Fensterbush, Gary Ankabrandt (243-7128), Jeffrey Boley, Rev. Richard Felty, Todd Fogelsanger, Ann Grove, Craig Hoffman, Robert Kilmer, Randy Noaker, Sandi Price, Garry Saphore, and Darlene Smith.
What better legacy is there to leave than your commitment to God and His kingdom for generations to come?
The Dr. Gerald D. Kauffman Ministerial Scholarship Fund
There is presently one established designate fund within the Enduring Grace Fund – the Dr. Gerald D. Kauffman Ministerial Scholarship Fund. According to the Fund agreement, 75% of the annual income of the Fund shall be awarded as a scholarship(s) to a member of Grace Church who is a declared candidate for the ordained ministry and the remaining 25% of the income is reinvested in the Fund. When more than one request is received, the Fund agreement provides that the Scholarship “shall be divided equally to all qualified Applicants”. The scholarship recipients are required to report the following year on how the monies were used for their education. If there is no applicant, the 75% is paid to the Board of Ordained Ministry, Central PA Conference of the United Methodist Church for use as scholarships to certified candidates for the ministry in the United Methodist Church.
Lydia Hazlett Memorial Fund
“Lydia’s Fund” has been established to give memory to Lydia Hazlett, who passed in August of this year. This fund will allow Grace to supply luncheons for funerals. This was a very large part of Lydia’s life and this ministry is doing for folks what Lydia believed to be important. She loved planning and preparing the food for the luncheons. Although she could not absorb the cost of the food herself, she only charged what the food itself actually cost her. Now, through the memorials made in her name, families and friends will be able to have the funeral luncheon at no cost. In the words of her daughter, Lois Kielkopf: “I think she would be greatly honored and blessed by this!”