Our church is located on the northeast corner of West Pomfret and South West Streets in the Borough of Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. You can enter our parking lot from Pomfret Street or from Church Avenue (the alley behind the church).
On Sunday mornings, our building can be entered through several sets of doors:
- The main sanctuary doors on Pomfret Street (up the steps)
- The Kaufman Chapel door on Pomfret Stree
- The double-doors off our parking lot – this is the best entrance for handicapped and older people as it provides easy access to our elevator.
- On the West Street side by the playground courtyard entrance and garden courtyard entrance and one sanctuary entrance
During weekdays and most evenings the double-doors off our parking lot become the primary entrance. The ChurchOffice door off West Street is also available during most weekdays. There are separate entrances off West Street near Church Avenue for the CARES Office and the Youth Wing
Helpful directional signage is posted outside and throughout the inside of our building.
Our building is actually a series of several internally connected and fully integrated structures of different ages and original purposes, all renovated and adapted to further the mission of our Church. Nearly the entire campus is climate controlled and handicapped accessible, with an elevator and numerous handicapped-accessible rest rooms. We are a smoke free facility.
- The newest part of the building (built in 2001) houses our Multi-Purpose Room (gym fully equipped for basketball and volleyball and able to accommodate large gatherings and worship services, with a recessed stage and extensive sound and lighting equipment), a state of the art kitchen, our Church Library, two classrooms, several restrooms and our full-sized elevator.
- Our Education Wing (built in 1966-1967) houses numerous classrooms on three levels, including our fully remodeled nursery and preschool areas, and several restrooms.
- Our Sanctuary (built in 1929-1930) is an inviting and historic space for worship, featuring an imposing exterior, an array of priceless stained glass windows, a unique lighted dome, a classic pipe organ, chimes, choir loft, and balcony, all gently renovated with modern amenities. Beneath the Sanctuary is our Social Room and its kitchen.
- Our warm and spacious Gathering Area occupies a completely renovated part of the building (built in 1920-1921) adjoining the Sanctuary. This area also features our Kauffman Chapel, a kitchenette, several classrooms, acoustically designed music rooms, and restrooms.
- Our Church Administrative Offices, Pastors’ Offices and Resource Room are housed in a Civil War era (1860’s) double-townhouse complex fronting on South West Street.
- And our Youth Wing and several of our ministry offices are located in another Civil War era (1860’s) townhouse, fronting on South West Street, along Church Avenue.
We enjoy two pleasant outdoor courtyards along West Street, one between the Sanctuary and the Church Offices, and one with nursery playground equipment between the Church Offices and the Youth Wing.